University Union

Comedian Kevin Hart to perform stand-up, show advanced screening of “The Wedding Ringer” at SU on Nov. 2

Actor and comedian Kevin Hart will come to Syracuse University on Nov. 2 to perform stand-up and show an advanced screening of his movie “The Wedding Ringer,” University Union announced on Twitter Thursday.

Hart will perform on Nov. 2 at 7 p.m. in Goldstein Auditorium. Tickets for “An Evening with Kevin Hart” will go on sale Friday at 9 a.m. at the Schine Box Office. Tickets are $10 and are only available to SU and SUNY-ESF students, faculty and staff.

An advance screening of “The Wedding Ringer” will take place at 2 p.m. on Nov. 2 in Gifford Auditorium. There will be a question and answer session following the screening with Hart and fellow actor, Josh Gad. Tickets are free for the question and answer session, and are also available at the Schine Box Office starting Friday morning.

Hart, who is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, emerged first as a stand-up comedian before taking to acting. As his stand-up career took off, Hart landed a role in ABC’s sitcom, “The Big House.” Hart’s comedy tours began in 2009 with his act, “I’m a Little Grown Man,” and continued with tours in 2010 and 2011. His 2011 tour titled “Laugh at My Pain” grossed more than $15 million, making it one of the top grossing tours of the year.

Hart’s stand-up landed him roles in movies like “Scary Movie 3,” “Soul Plan” and “Little Fockers.” Hart, 35, has recently appeared in “Grudge Match,” “Think Like a Man” and “About Last Night.” He currently appears in the BET TV series, “Real Husbands of Hollywood.” Hart also had a recurring role on ABC’s sitcom, “Modern Family” from 2011 to 2012.

Hart hosted the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards and won a best actor trophy at the 2012 BET Awards for his performance in “Think Like a Man.” Hart has also played in the NBA Celebrity All-Star Game, taking home MVP honors in 2012.