Juice Jam 2015

Damle: Fast reaction to every Juice Jam 2015 artist

Frankie Prijatel | Staff Photographer

Dillon Francis electrifies the crowd at sold-out Juice Jam 2014.

Juice Jam’s lineup has a lot of famous artists on it, but one name that was missing seemed to make a bigger difference – The Weeknd doesn’t seem to be on the lineup, as previously speculated. That being said, here are some of my reactions to this year’s Juice Jam lineup:

Big Sean

OK, at least I’ll be able to fake sing-along to at least the choruses of a bunch of his songs, though a lot of his songs are collaborations and I don’t know if it’ll be the same with just him.

Oliver Heldens

Juice Jam always has at least one really solid DJ, and whether or not the many inebriated Juice Jam goers have heard of him or not, Oliver Heldens will make you want to dance.

Matt and Kim

Matt and Kim are amazing live — and if you’re lucky, Kim will dance on your hands, so hoping that happens! I just hope people are willing to come early enough to Juice Jam because they will likely be playing earlier in the day.

iLoveMakonnen

If only Drake was coming with him. Unfortunately for iLoveMakonnen, most of the audience likely will only have heard of “Tuesday,” though he does have other jams up his sleeve.

BØRNS

BØRNS is a talented artist with a very calm voice — yet another good artist who I’m worried won’t get the attention he deserves because people won’t show up to Juice Jam early enough.

SNBRN

Another DJ, not sure too many people have heard of SNBRN but in Juice Jam’s setting, it shouldn’t matter too much. Worth giving a listen, especially if you like good vocals and beats.

Isha Damle is a junior television, radio and film major. She rarely knows the actual lyrics to songs, but her version of the lyrics are usually better. She can be reached at idamle@syr.edu or on Twitter at @ishadamle.