Juice Jam 2015

Big Sean to headline Juice Jam 2015

Courtesy of University Union

University Union announced the full lineup for Juice Jam 2015, which will feature Detroit rapper Big Sean.

Updated: Aug. 31, 2015 at 10:38 p.m.

Rapper Big Sean is set to headline Juice Jam 2015 on Sunday, Sept. 13, University Union announced Monday night.

Big Sean will be joined by EDM artist Oliver Heldens, rapper ILoveMakonnen, alternative pop duo Matt and Kim, indie pop singer BØRNS and EDM artist SNBRN. This year is the 11th-annual Juice Jam and it will take place at Skytop Field on South Campus. Doors for the event will open at noon, according to a UU press release.

Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students will be able to purchase tickets for $15 with a school ID.

Tickets will go on sale Tuesday at 10 a.m. at Gate E of the Carrier Dome, according to the release. Tickets will continue to be on sale daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. until Sept. 11, or until the event is sold out, according to the release. On Friday, Gate E of the Dome will only be open for Juice Jam tickets from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Big Sean is well-known for his hit song, “I Don’t F*** With You.” Most recently Big Sean received double Grammy nominations for his collaboration with mentor Kanye West for “Mercy.” Big Sean has also been recognized by GQ Magazine as 2012’s “Hottest Rookie” and he won “Best New Artist” at the 2012 BET Awards.

When Oliver Helden’s 2013 track “Gecko” caught the attention of Tiësto, he signed the Netherlands native to his label Musical Freedom. Heldens was most recently featured in DJ Mag’s Top 100, where he placed number 34 and was called “one of the producers of the year” by British DJ Pete Tong.

ILoveMakonnen is most well-known for his 2014 viral hit song, “Tuesday.” The Atlanta hip-hop artist recently signed to Drake’s label OVO Sound, which is distributed by Warner Bros. Records.

When their song “Daylight” was featured in both a Bacardi and Mars Bar commercial in 2009, Matt and Kim rose in popularity. The song was also used in various television shows including “Entourage,” “Community” and “Skins.” The duo’s latest album “New Glow” was released earlier this year.

SNBRN’s first single, “Raindrops feat. Kerli” was released on Jan. 20 on Ultra Records after the artist became branded with official releases on Atlantic Records, Astralwerks and Sony UK.

Prior to the official lineup coming out on Monday, The Weeknd was reportedly scheduled to appear at Skytop Field on Sept. 13—the same day as Juice Jam. That news was first reported by The NewsHouse.

“We had absolutely nothing to do with The Weeknd. That was a bad call on the Newshouse’s part. It had absolutely nothing to do with us,” said UU representative Alli Reich. “They didn’t confirm that source with anyone else, but that one website. That was entirely fabricated, we had absolutely nothing to do with it. We are very excited about our lineup and we hope everyone else is too.”

Buses to Skytop Field will begin running from both College Place and Schine Student Center at 11 a.m. on Sunday.